Welcome to the Faculty Development Center!
The goals of the work of the FDC align with those of the UMBC Strategic Plan to:
- Provide exemplary support for educators in creating state-of-the-art undergraduate and graduate curricula delivered through innovative and effective approaches to teaching and learning.
- Continue to build a culture of academic assessment to support our faculty as the primary drivers of continuous improvement in student learning outcomes.
- Individual consultations and classroom observations
- Help in gathering student feedback through the CATALyst process
- Workshops and book discussions on teaching and learning topics
- Support for pedagogical innovation and research
- Learning assessment services
- Consultations in writing and communication in the disciplines
- Management of the Hrabowski Innovation Fund grant program
- Support for faculty learning communities (FLCs)
All consultation services provided to faculty are confidential and are not used by administrators or committees in making personnel decisions. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please view this overview of the FDC or contact us.