Expectations of All Awardees
- Submit a mid-project progress report including current status of the project and budget expenditures midway through the funding period.
- Submit a brief written report about key outcomes within three months of project completion.
- Attend and present at the Provost’s Teaching and Learning Symposium if invited.
Additional expectations of Implementation and Research Grant Awardees only:
- Present a report mid-project to the Deans, Provost and President.
- If invited, present at a UMBC annual retreat.
- If nominated, be willing to serve on the selection panel for the following year’s competition.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: May I extend the grant time beyond two years?
A: PIs must request an extension in writing before the grant expires. Please submit the request to the Director of the Faculty Development Centr who will consult with the Provost. The Provost will review these on a case-by-case basis.
Q: May I use funds for something other than the originally requested purpose?
A: If project needs change because of unexpected situations or based on assessment results, PIs may possibly move allocated funds to other categories appropriate to the goals of the project. Please check with the Director of the Faculty Development Center to discuss a specific case.